Sunday, October 23, 2011

Photography: New Equipment :)

So in the past week or so, I've come across some novelty equipment from storage back at home. My dad used to be into photography, and came up to me with several polarizers and an external flash. To be more precise, it was a Sicor 58mm polarizer, Hoya 52mm yellow and 55mm red polarizers, and an Aroma 55mm yellow polarizer. 


The above are just online pics, not the actual ones that i have.

The external is a Canon Speedlite 155A; archaic, I know, but it still works, and is far better than the built in flash. Now I just need to build a soft-box. The metering has to be done manually, but that's not much of a problem, because it's quite simple to use, after a minute of experimentation.

Flash works quite well, but there's no way to angle the flash. Need a custom soft-box stat1!

I have also upgraded to a Class 6 16gb SDHC card! Now I can take all my pics in raw+jpg format. Joy!


I will be incorporating all of the new stuff where it is deemed necessary, and I am definitely looking forward to using them. Lets see what they can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment